A Collaborative Online Education Program
The Gifted In-Field Endorsement enables educators to provide “direct instruction” only in the grade levels and fields of the base certificate(s). Individuals with this endorsement may serve as a resource teacher for “indirect services” for gifted education in any content area or grade level P-12.
Check the VSU collaborative online education program website for admission deadlines.
Program Admission Requirements
To pursue the endorsement, applicants must:
- submit a graduate application for admission as a non-degree seeking student;
- hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- possess a current clear/renewable teaching certificate.
Program Retention, Dismissal, and Readmission Policies
- The maximum time allowed for completion of the endorsement is seven calendar years. No work completed more than seven years prior to endorsement completion will be considered.
- Students must successfully complete the four endorsement courses with an average grade of “B” or better to be recommended for the endorsement.
Requirements for Gifted In-Field Endorsement
|PSYG 5610||Nature and Needs of Children Who are Talented and Gifted||3|
|PSYG 6600||Methods & Materials for Children Who Are Talented and Gifted||3|
|PSYG 6620||Curriculum for Children Who Are Talented and Gifted||3|
|PSYG 7600||Assessment of Children Who Are Talented and Gifted||3|