“Georgia’s MBA for the New Millennium”
The collaborative, web-based Master of Business Administration (WebMBA) program is offered by seven AACSB-accredited business schools in Georgia (Valdosta State University, Augusta University, Columbus State University, Kennesaw State University, Georgia College and State University, Georgia Southern University, and the University of West Georgia). The purpose of this program is to enhance the graduate educational opportunities for working business professionals in Georgia. To view the Georgia WebMBA Consortium Web Site, click here.
All seven schools admit students, who participate in a common curriculum. Each WebMBA consortium school provides faculty who are academically or professionally qualified. The faculty members for this program are among the strongest graduate faculty for each school in terms of teaching, research, and business experience.
A new WebMBA cohort is admitted each fall semester. Two WebMBA courses will be offered each semester, including summer terms. A student may complete the entire program in five semesters.
Web MBA Learning Goals
- Analysis: Graduate students will analyze and evaluate alternative courses of action using appropriate qualitative and quantitative tools to support organizational decision making.
- Application: Graduate students will be able to evaluate the utility of business concepts and apply them in specific situations.
- Ethics and Social Impact: Graduate students will recognize and assess the ethical and social dimensions of business activities and evaluate their impact on business decisions.
- Information Technology: Graduate students will evaluate and appropriately use information technology to enhance personal and organizational effectiveness.
- Integration: Graduate students will solve problems and make decisions that integrate multiple business functions across a broad range of situations.
- Leadership: Graduate students will integrate effective interpersonal skills with organizational leadership abilities.
Examples of Goal Assessments
- Students complete knowledge test related to relevant learning objectives for each course.
- Students complete class exercises, and group projects and present cases in oral and written form.
- Faculty observe and rate students on teamwork and leadership skills.
See the WebMBA website for the most current admission deadlines.
Go to the Graduate School website and click on Our Programs, then click on WebMBA Program for information on:
- Specific WebMBA Program Admission Requirements
- WebMBA Program Retention, Dismissal, and Readmission Policies
- WebMBA Program Graduation Requirements
To Apply Online, click here.
The WebMBA graduate curriculum consists of the following 10 three-hour courses offered exclusively by the approved course-management system, plus a required, on-site student orientation course. Attending our 2-day orientation is mandatory unless you live outside the continental U.S.
|Total Hours Required for the Degree||30|
WebMBA students normally enroll for six semester hours each semester for five semesters, progressing through the program as a single cohort.
Special WebMBA Program Costs
Students accepted by Valdosta State University for the WebMBA program will enroll and pay for all classes through VSU. Additionally, each student is required to have the necessary computer hardware, software, and internet connection to complete the program. Details of program tuition rates and computer requirements are listed on the WebMBA website.
The WebMBA will use Desire2Learn (D2L) as a common platform. Support for D2L is available on the individual campuses as well as at the University System level. Students will learn how to use D2L during the two-day Student Orientation.
The WebMBA Degree
Students accepted by Valdosta State University for the WebMBA program will receive the MBA degree from VSU (identical to the on-campus MBA degree).