Selected Educational Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate an advanced level of performance skills and personal musicianship in studio and ensemble settings.
- Students will apply analytical and historical knowledge to performance.
- Students will exhibit knowledge of applicable solo and ensemble literature.
- Students will apply pedagogical skills in studio instruction.
- Students will demonstrate the methodology of research in the field of music.
- Students will communicate scholarly research in proper written form.
- Students will utilize a variety of instructional strategies to encourage development of critical thinking, problem solving, and performance skills in their private students.
Examples of Outcome Assessments
- Students will complete a written and oral comprehensive examination that demonstrates satisfactory achievement in written and oral communication skills related to pedagogy, music history and analysis, literature, and research methodology.
- Students will prepare and perform a graduate recital to the satisfaction of a faculty committee.This recital represents a culmination and application of applied study, pedagogy, music history, analysis, and research.
Go to the Graduate School website and click on Our Programs, then click on M.M.P. Program for information on
- Specific M.M.P. Program Admission Requirements
- M.M.P. Program Retention, Dismissal, and Readmission Policies
- M.M.P. Program Graduation Requirements
To Apply Online, click here.
Requirements for the Master of Music in Performance degree
|Applied Music, Literature, Pedagogy||16|
|Applied Music (a four-hour course in a single major applied performance area taken for four semesters)|
|Performance Areas (4 semester hours per course):||16|
|Private Collaborative Piano|
|Required Music Core Courses||10|
|MUSC 7010||Music Theory||3|
|MUSC 7020||Music History||3|
|MUSC 7050||Music Research and Bibliography||3|
|Advanced Piano Pedagogy|
|Advanced Percussion Pedagogy|
|Advanced Brass Pedagogy|
|Advanced Woodwind Pedagogy|
|Advanced String Pedagogy|
|Advanced Collaborative Piano Pedagogy|
|Advanced Pedagogy of Choral Conducting|
|Advanced Pedagogy of Orchestra Conducting|
|Advanced Pedagogy of Wind Band Conducting|
|Music Ensembles and Guided Electives||10|
|Minimum of 4 hours in Music Ensembles|
|Minimum of 4 hours in Guided Electives|
|Total Hours Required for the Degree||36|