A VSU Online Program
Selected Educational Outcomes
- Candidates will demonstrate knowledge of the content necessary to successfully meet the Teacher Leadership Program Standards.
- Candidates will model best practices in pedagogy and serve as mentors and coaches for other educators.
- Candidates will conduct research related to school culture, curriculum, and assessment, and apply the findings to improving those areas.
- Candidates will design and implement professional learning based on student and teacher needs.
Examples of Outcome Assessments
- Candidates will demonstrate the content knowledge by passing the state-required content assessment.
- Candidates will demonstrate best practices in pedagogy, mentoring, and coaching through faculty and supervisor observation of those practices.
- Candidates will demonstrate the ability to conduct and apply research through a review of literature and an associated action research project scored by a departmentally created rubric.
- Candidates will demonstrate the ability to design and implement professional learning through faculty and supervisor observation of clinical practice.
Prior to admission to any graduate program at Valdosta State University, applicants must first submit a completed application to the Graduate School. A completed application packet includes official transcripts from all institutions previously attended, official test scores (GRE or MAT), completed application form, fee, and any additional program requirements submitted by the admission deadline. To be considered for the preferred term, all required materials must be received by the Graduate School no later than the close of business on the deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant to allow adequate time for document submission and to ensure receipt of documents.
Collaborative online education program deadlines are established each term. Check the website for admission deadlines and application forms. .
Go to the Graduate School website and click on Our Programs, then click on Ed.S. in Teacher Leadership for information on:
Specific Program Admission Requirements
Program Retention, Dismissal, and Readmission Policies
Program Graduation Requirements
Requirements for the Ed.S. Degree with a Major in Teacher Leadership
|EDET 5999||Professional Orientation||0|
|EDET 8020||Using Assessment and Research Data 1||3|
|EDET 8030||Developing and Leading a Community of Diverse Learners||3|
|EDET 8040||Strategic Planning for School Reform 1||3|
|EDET 8050||Action Research 1||3|
|EDET 8880||Capstone Seminar||3|
|All candidates must successfully complete EDET 5999, a zero credit hour professional orientation course, during the first semester of enrollment.|
|Teacher Leadership Residency Courses||3|
|EDET 8001||Teacher Leadership Residency I||1|
|EDET 8002||Teacher Leadership Residency II||1|
|EDET 8003||Teacher Leadership Residency III||1|
|Specialization Courses (numbered 5000 & above) 2||9|
|Total Hours Required for the Degree||27|
Work in course must focus on content of candidate’s certification field.
Themes to select from, in consultation with advisor, include but are not limited to:
Early Childhood Education