Selected Educational Outcomes
- Candidates demonstrate a strong knowledge of content area(s) appropriate to their certification levels.
- Candidates use assessment and research to make data- / evidence-based decisions to ensure the continuous development of all learners.
- Candidates create positive learning environments for all learners.
- Candidates use their knowledge of students and their learning to design and plan appropriate learning experiences for all learners.
Examples of Outcome Assessments
- Candidates demonstrate content knowledge through course-based content assessment.
- Candidates demonstrate effective use of data and research to make data- / evidence-based decisions through completion of a review of current literature.
- Candidates demonstrate positive learning environments through video-taped evidence.
- Candidates demonstrate positive impact on learners through an applied research project.
- Fall Deadline: July 15
- Spring Deadline: November 15
- Summer Deadline: April 15
Requirements for the Ed.S. Degree with a Major in Special Education
|EDUC 5999||Professional Orientation||0|
|SPEC 8010||Readings in Issues of the Education of Children and Youth with Disabilities||3|
|Select one of the following:||6|
|Advanced Capstone Experience|
|Required Specialization Courses||9|
|SPEC 8020||Characteristics of Effective School Structures for Children and Youth with Disabilities||3|
|SPEC 8030||Leadership in Special Education Programs||3|
|SPEC 8040||Using Technology for Professional Development in Special Education||3|
|RSCH 7100||Research Methodology in Education||3|
|SPEC 8060||Single Subject Designs for Special Education Research||3|
|Total Hours Required for the Degree||27|